Navigating a pandemic
At LOKL, a commitment to your health and safety and that of our team members is our number one priority. We are closing monitoring guidelines regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) and we are taking increased precautions, erring on the stringent side, by reinforcing health and hygiene protocols for all team members at our store and kitchen.
Below, you'll find the latest decisions being made and the actions being taken in preparation for COVID-19.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, LOKL is in search for opportunities to serve fresh meals to communities in need in the DC metro area. With the help of community experts, we have learned a lot about the safe preparation and delivery of meals during an outbreak. Following CDC guidelines and with input from local universities and healthcare offices, we have developed a set of strict health and safety protocols. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of any opportunities for us to serve.
Our store and kitchen operations enforce the following guidelines to ensure health and safety:
HYGIENE AND GENERAL PRACTICES
1. Review CDC and FDA guidelines
2. Washing of hands for 20 seconds every 15 minutes
3. Use hand sanitizer when there is no soap and water available.
4. Wash and disinfect hands before putting on gloves.
5. Be prepared to work.
6. Social distance and work space: 6 feet apart.
7. Change gloves in between different tasks.
8. Don't touch your face or mask.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTING
1. Sanitizing wipes and PPE trashcans in different work areas.
2. Clean and disinfect before and after working.
3. Disinfect areas when they come in contact with objects.
4. Disinfect high-touch objects, e.g. handles, doors, faucets, etc.
1. Maintain 6 feet apart between people and workspaces.
2. Practice transfers without contact.
3. Avoid placing objects on the ground.
4. Avoid physical contact.